First Thoughts From Room 2022

This week was our first week back at ISM.  No lost water bottles or hats yet.  Lots of nervous smiles and excited kids.  

Room 2022 began our thinking about school and our new adventure into Grade 3 with a thinking routine called "Compass Points".  Our four directions (N, S, E, W) stood for different thoughts.  Some of our student's responses are below:



N: What do you Need to know?
  • I need to know what my password will be. Is it the same as Grade 2?
  • I need to know where the toilet is. 
  • I need to know EVERYTHING.

S: What Suggestions do you have for Grade 3?
  • We should do lots of Art in class.
  • We should have a Christmas party. 
  • PLAY MORE GAMES! 

E: What are you Excited about in Grade 3?
  • I'm excited to make new friends.
  • I'm excited to swim in the pool at PE.
  • I'm excited for the playground because it's so big. 
  • I'm excited to celebrate everyone's birthday. 

W: What are you Wondering about?
  • I wonder how hard the MAP tests are going to be. 
  • I wonder if I'll make new friends this year. 
  • I wonder what books I will read this year. 

It was a great way to organize our thinking and allows us to remember what Grade 3 students are worried about and what they are wondering.

Speaking of our students...we took two class photos on the first day of school.  These are the first of many :)  Here they are, Room 2022 Third Graders!



No comments:

Post a Comment